Shame has gotten a bad reputation. And no wonder, as it seems to get in the way of courage, intimacy, and excitement, and becomes an obstacle in many people's lives.
But it doesn't have to be that way.
Shame CAN actually become your best friend if you handle it through the lens of your need for belonging, acceptance, and dignity.
During these course recordings, you couldl redeem the life-serving purpose of shame! Your trainer, Liv Larsson, will explore the reasons why the man behind NVC, Marshall Rosenberg, gave the following advice: "never do anything to avoid shame."
She will also look at how you could reclaim your power and choice instead of letting shame decide the limits of your life-space. For example, if I dream of singing in front of others and I don't because I feel too embarrassed, it is not the shame itself that stops me from singing, it is my unwillingness and maybe my inability to embrace and transform the feelings of shame into something beneficial.
Topics that are covered are:
- Discover your triggers of shame and how to transform and integrate them
- The Compass of Needs: learn how to navigate a shame attack and make good use of it
- How to handle requests you are usually too embarrassed to make
- Learn how to recognize other people's shame
- How to connect with others when they are trapped in shame avoidance patterns
- Understand that shame is a feeling, that it is only one aspect of your biology as well as a part of the culture you live in
- Uncover your vulnerability by disentangling shame from fear