There's an elephant in the room. It's called Privilege.
And it has grown so large that we can no longer walk around it or pretend it's not there. At one point or another in our lives, almost all of us have been complicit in alternately denying its existence or, when accepting it, have swallowed our integrity in order to avoid any and all uncomfortable discussions.
Why have we gone to such extremes?
Because many of us have:
- Framed privilege as an individual issue when it is, in fact, systemic; and
- Believed that if we accepted and identified as part of a privileged group, personal achievement would be disallowed or unrecognized.
It's time to let go of old beliefs that no longer serve us in positive ways. Time to deal with the discomfort of daring to change. Time to remove our blinders so we can understand how we're unwittingly complicit. It's time to stand up and acknowledge the impact and power privilege has had and continues to have – and it's time to accept that it has impacted some of us far more than others.
Are you looking for ways of acknowledging, understanding, and exposing privilege? Are you longing to be part of this social change movement, yearning to be active in decreasing the divide between one human being and another? Then you are in the right place.
Dare to join us for this richly transformative and empowering Video Conference.
What this is
A powerfully relevant and daring 7-session Video Conference framed around exposing and acknowledging the impact and power of privilege.
To support you in understanding privilege, in becoming an ally, and in mobilizing privilege in ways that support us all.
What you get
You'll learn how to be authentically connected to privilege and its impact in ways that benefit you and those around you. You'll come away with:
- Tips and tools you'll be able to use immediately;
- Downloadable recordings of every session;
- Awareness of the pervasiveness and invisibility of privilege, and what it'll take to dismantle it and create common grounds and connections;
- An understanding of how internalized oppression impacts us all, and ways we can meet our needs for dignity, respect, safety, and change;
- Clarity around how to use your privilege and advocate for others you believe are being mistreated;
- Specific, practical tools designed to help you transform challenges into opportunities that open up new entry points for policy and system changes;
- A simple, conceptual framework designed to help you have productive conversations about privilege using an NVC perspective, and more!
To radically transform ourselves and our communities by accepting, learning, and stepping up in ways that will empower us all!
Who’s Teaching What – and When
Click each course title to read more about it.
Sign me up!
We have a scholarship fund! Here's an opportunity to contribute and help distribute resources so that finances are not a
barrier to attendance. The NVC Academy will match all scholarship funds collected, doubling the effectiveness of your contribution.
The registration process includes an opportunity to make a donation or donate a scholarship now.
When you register, you will receive an email with complete instructions on how to access the Video Conference.